Broccoli, Cheddar, and Quinoa Soup
Adapted from Quinoa 365
Yield: 4-6 servings
3 cups broccoli florets
1 tbsp butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup quinoa
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, quinoa, and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender or food processor.
- Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- While soup is hot, stir in cheese until just melted. Serve immediately.