Mexican Wedding Cakes
Adapted from this Martha Stewart recipe
Yield: 3 dozen
1 1/2 cup pecans
1 1/2 cup flour
3/8 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes
1 cup icing sugar
- In a food processor, combine pecans, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add butter and pulse until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into a disc and wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Pinch off about 1 tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until the cookies are just golden at the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes on sheets, and then cool completely on racks.
- Roll cooled cookies in icing sugar twice to coat thoroughly.