Saturday, March 5, 2011

Block 10: Week 3 - Appetizers

This was a difficult week for me, emotionally. It started on Monday, because F was away sick, so I had to deal with my group without his help, though service went smoothly. Tuesday morning, I just knew it wasn't going to be a good day. A left mad at me, it was station switch day, and F was pushing my buttons and driving me nuts. Even though I found out that I probably got the job at Hawksworth (offer letters are going out in a couple of weeks), I felt pretty sad and alone that day. Wednesday I woke up feeling really sick, plus I wasn't quite over the day before, so it was a rough day for me. Thursday picked up though because the guy I dislike was away from school. It still amazes me how much one person can affect my mood so much. And Friday was a pretty fun day, more back to normal.

Appetizer station was also pretty easy. Shrimp and avocado salad, salmon and prawn cakes with lemongrass sauce, beet salad, and pate.

My special this week was a poached egg salad with bacon vinaigrette. No customers ordered it, which was kinda sad, but the two chefs and even chef JC ate it and they all enjoyed it, so that made up for it a bit.

I really only went out once this week, yesterday, to W's girlfriend's store opening. It was a pretty chill night - nice food, free wine, and nice clothes.

Next week - vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment