Chocolate Almond Crackle Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, May 2010
Yield: 4 dozen
8 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup icing sugar
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in melted chocolate.
- Add almonds, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Refrigerate mixture until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place sugar on one plate and icing sugar on another.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll cookies in sugar to coat, then roll in icing sugar.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until surfaces crack, about 14 minutes.
- Let cool completely.