Marinated Mozzarella Salad
Adapted from Joy of Cooking
Yield: 2 servings
4 medium mozzarella balls, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
12 black peppercorns
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 medium tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- In a medium skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, peppercorns, rosemary, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour oil over mozzarella pieces. Let stand at room temperature for several hours.
- To serve, remove mozzarella from oil and toss with tomato and basil. Drizzle lightly with marinating oil.
- Serve immediately.