I filled them with a cranberry cinnamon goat cheese from Costco, but you could get more creative and make your own filling by mixing plain goat cheese with any ingredient you like.
Cranberry Goat Cheese Phyllo Purses
Yield: 12 pieces
3 sheets phyllo dough
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup cranberry goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place a large cutting board slightly larger than the phyllo sheet on the work surface, long edge facing you.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on the parchment paper. Using a pastry brush, brush the sheet with melted butter.
- Place the second sheet of phyllo over the first and repeat previous step until all three sheets have been used.
- Cut the phyllo sheets into 12 squares.
- Place a teaspoon of cheese into the middle of each square.
- Gather the four corners of each square and twist slightly to enclose the cheese.
- Place each purse onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press down so the bottom is flat and can stand on its own.
- Brush the top of each purse with melted butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Should be served on the day it is made.