Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, April 2010
Yield: 40 cookies
1 3/8 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/8 cup butter
5/8 cup brown sugar
3/8 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended and smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown at the edges.