Saturday, January 23, 2010

Last Day

Yesterday was my last day of actuarial work, but it still hasn't really set in yet. I guess I sort of expected to feel happy or relieved or something, but I'm actually just a bit sad. I worked with some really great people, and I will miss them a lot. Everyone was amazingly supportive yesterday, coming by with words of thanks and encouragement for the future. They all wanted me to come back and visit anytime.

It was a really busy day, doing two exit interviews, finishing up all the work I had and making sure the people who would be taking them over knew where things were, and cleaning up my desk. I brought two knapsacks full of stuff to the bar with me - it's amazing how much stuff accumulates over the years.

I'm also cooking today, tomorrow, and Monday, and we're going away on Tuesday, so not having a full-time job probably won't sink in for a while. I know there are lots of things to look forward to in the future, but I guess for today, I'll just think about the past and focus on all my good memories of the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment