Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Food Blogs

Jo sent me a link to a food blog (cannelle et vanille) a few months ago, which honestly, has been a huge inspiration for me. It is written by a pastry chef named Aran who took some time off from work to raise a family and wanted to keep a pastry journal to force herself to bake everyday. I don't really have any way to describe her blog as anything other than 'beautiful.' Her food styling and the photographs on it amaze me every time I visit. Her desserts look pretty fantastic as well. I call it 'Aran's blog' now, as if Aran is someone I actually know.

Yesterday, Aran's blog linked to 50 of the world's best food blogs. Cannelle et vanille is second on the list, which doesn't surprise me at all. The first one on the list I'd never heard of before, so I immediately had to visit to see why it was number one.

The recent posts on Orangette are about a couple in Seattle opening a pizza restaurant. The author, Molly, quit a PhD a few years ago and started her blog because she loves food and writing. She too takes great pictures and her writing style is so easy to get caught up in - I couldn't stop reading about how her new restaurant is coming together. It sounds like a lot of hard work, but it's also something I dream about doing one day. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment